So, I dragged my Yudu out from the closet and got my screen ready to screen print. Then, I realized something. I didn’t have the danged emulsion kit! I swear…this Yudu better be the coolest thing to ever hit the planet once I have everything together. I ordered some emulsion kits online and while I wait for that, I figured it would be cool to try out one of those tutorials I wrote about on Friday.
Since I needed to do Cecilia’s four-month picture anyway, I thought that the number four would be the a good starting point. I followed the tutorial from Paper Raindrops and since I didn’t have nylons to use (apparently I hate nylons so much that I don’t even have an old pair lying around), I used some leftover lace I had.
Next, I printed out a number four and mod podged the space that I didn’t want to print. I learned that I should have layered the mod podge more, and waited for it to dry completely. I was just so antsy I wanted it done now! Next, I put the screen on top of the shirt and painted the number four with screen printing ink.
Luckily, I was able to use my Yudu screen printing ink, so it came in handy for something!
It came out a little funky since I didn’t apply as much Mod Podge as I should have and the outline wasn’t so perfect, but it did serve its purpose.
I’ll try it again with the number five next month to see if I can get a more defined number, but I think I will save big projects for the Yudu.