Dresses and I just do not mix. I love them to death, and if I find the rare A-line dress that actually fits my body frame then I will buy it with a quickness, but other than that – nope. Now that I need to accommodate my ever-growing bump, it’s harder to find a dress that will fit on both the top and bottom, they always end up being baggy on top and I look disheveled. Like, more than usual. Cue in: the high-waisted skirt! The answer to all my “pear shape” wishes.
Photo belongs to Sewing in No Mans Land
Maternity High-Waisted Skirt tutorial from Sewing in No Mans Land
Photo belongs to ONE little MOMMA
Thrifted skirt from ONE little MOMMA
Photo belongs to Bleubird
Thrifted skirt from Bleubird
Photo belongs to Love Taza
29 week style from Love Taza
I’m not sure where the author of Love Taza got her skirt, but the others are either homemade or thrifted, which I love. Obviously, making an outfit can cost just about as much as buying it, if you have to purchase a pattern and get the fabric. But you get to customize it to your liking. If you have any mama style inspiration you would like to share, post it in the comments and connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google + and Pinterest! Have a lovely week!
One of the hardest things for me to comes to terms with is that I need to understand and set my own limits. I always push myself to do the most that I possibly can in one week, and without fail, I always come up short. Something always comes up and I never have time to do the things I set out to do. Then it dawned on me…what if I set out to do less things and gave 100% to the things I do?
I’ve never picked a word for the year. That always felt a little silly to me, and I never had felt a strong connection to any one word. I saw a lot of bloggers post their word for the year, and thought about what my word would be. Then it hit me: simplify. Simplify my schedule, simplify my house, simplify my routine, simplify my life.
This is a simple list of what I hope to achieve this week. I stuck to what was most important to me at the moment, and will build from there.
- Set up Heather as a partner on my blog – I made the difficult decision to put a hold on Baby Burrito Collective right now. As part of my attempt to simplify my life, I took a step back and realized that I was putting a lot of time and money into something and I wasn’t getting what I wanted out of it. I had one member and she stuck with me through all the changes. I still want to help her promote her work, so Heather is now going to be my very first partner on my blog! There will be more about her later, but I need to get her added first!
- Finish my cork board – It’s so close to being done! I just need to staple on the fabric, and attach the back! Can’t wait to hang that beauty up, and finally use it!
- Write on my blog daily – I have decided to not blog on the weekends, but I would like to post something once a day during the week.
- Start my coffee can planter project – I have been given the wonderful opportunity to contribute to Childhood Magazine in Sacramento, and this is the project I am writing about! I just need to get a few supplies and I hope to have it done by this weekend.
- Make one recipe from scratch – I don’t really make boxed anything, but I do use store-bought pasta, bread and tortillas (for now), and I don’t see any chance of me making cheese in the near future. So when I say from scratch, I mean all the way. We need a healthy treat in the house so I’m thinking of making some cookies this week.
- Practice yoga once – Since I haven’t been able to get a yoga routine down, I’m challenging myself to at least get in one practice. If I do more, great. But I need to do it at least once. I can already feel my body tightening up a lot more, and my stress level getting higher.
- Update products on Sweet Mariposa – I just need to take more photos of what Kandyce made and list them individually.
Do you set goals for the week? If so, what are they? Join the Weekly Wishes link-up at Nectar Collective and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram and Pinterest to share and motivate each other!