Tuesday was sort of unexpected. I mean, I knew the day was going to come – but the I didn’t know a thing about what we were going to do. Since my boyfriend works such crazy hours, we don’t get a whole lot of time to hang out. So, I was a little shocked and a lot of excited when he hurried me to get ready so we could go house hunting. We got Starbucks (which is quite the treat when you’re saving for a house), drove all around Sacramento, got lunch at Burgers and Brew – one of my favorite places – and just enjoyed hanging out.
While I answered some e-mails in the morning, I didn’t get much work done and my homework was forgotten for a day. And I suddenly remembered how wonderful it is to take a day off and just spend time with my family. It makes the crazy stressful days of going to school and trying to get your business going totally worth it.
I am taking some time off of worrying about the goals and deadlines I have – taking a day off Project 2014 – and just celebrating being celebrated. One of my online buddies, Bev Feldman – who I wrote about before – nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is award passed around by bloggers who have less than 200 followers. While I have more than that on social media, I think it’s referring to followers on my actual blog site, which for sure qualifies.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions, that the blogger who nominated you, has asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less that 200 followers
- Let those bloggers know you nominated them and pass on the love
11 random facts:
- I have a seriously heightened sense of smell, and can pinpoint a scent in a nanosecond. And I come up with weird smells all the time, which was super fun when I was pregnant.
- Like Bev, I, too, have a horrible short-term memory but can still remember my best friend’s phone number from grade school. And not all of my long-term memory is great, just random stuff like that.
- I plan my night accordingly so I can watch Chelsea Lately at 11:00.
- I once had a photo album dedicated to Drew Barrymore – total stalker.
- I use … when it’s unnecessary – I just love it.
- Which is ironic since I’m a total stickler for grammar.
- Even though I have had a stutter since I could talk, I was often in trouble at school for talking too much in class.
- I had a Filipino imaginary friend when I was little.
- I didn’t try seafood until I was 25, and then it was clam chowder.
- I taught myself to cook when I was pregnant.
- Even though my mom could knit and sew anything she wanted, I refused to learn, and now that I want to learn, I have no time. Poor, poor me.
1. What is your favorite color? Teal/turquoise. They’re so alike and I can’t decide on one.
2. Do you speak any other languages? If so, what are they? Only the language of love.
3. Coffee or tea? Coffee all the way. Unless I’m sick.
4. What is your favorite season? Fall
5. What does your perfect day look like? My perfect day would be adventuring over to Dillons Beach on Hwy 1 and hitting up all the little restaurants and shops on the way up and back. Then heading over to the mountains and camping out. And yesterday was pretty close to perfect – just hanging out with my dude and my baby.
6. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Jamaica
7. What is the meaning behind your blog’s name? Before I got pregnant, I enjoyed going out to bars, shows and parties. Then, I instantly turned into a housewife (instant is a little exaggeration – it took some time and still has its challenges) and became all domesticated. Don’t get me wrong though, I still enjoy a good beer. I just don’t drink the whole 12 pack anymore.
8. Do you have any pets? Nope. Not at the moment. My cat passed a couple years ago and I have him tattooed on my arm.
9. What do you enjoy most about blogging? At first, I just loved documenting all of my life changes and all the stuff I was learning to do. Now, I love all the connections I have made. I love all the people I have met, and finding new recipes and crafts. I just love the community.
10. If you could relive any day of your life, which one would it be and why? I don’t know if I would, because I don’t know if I would be where I am if I had done it differently. But, I would love to sit and enjoy the birth of my daughter again. So much was going on that I didn’t get a lot of time to really enjoy what just happened.
11. What is the most daring thing you have ever done? While I have done many stupid things that could probably classify as daring, I haven’t really done anything too daring. No backpacking across Europe, no skydiving. I moved to Stockton with someone I knew for a couple months and started a family, that’s pretty daring, yeah?
I would love to nominate: Pauselius, April Heather Art (a blog I JUST happened upon)
- If your life was a movie, what would the title be?
- First thing you do when you wake up?
- What’s in your picnic basket?
- If you were to scream something at the top of your lungs right now, what would it be?
- How do you like your coffee?
- How long have you gone without doing laundry?
- Where was your favorite adventure?
- What band do you listen to when nobody’s around?
- Would you be friends with your high school self?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s one thing you couldn’t go without – aside from your phone and computer?
This was a lot of fun and thank you again Bev for nominating me!