Hello there, new friend! My name is Amanda Branham and I am a writer, maker (of food, crafts and half-assed gardens), thrifter, graphic design student and best of all…I’m a mama. My family is my entire world but you will rarely see them on here, if ever, because my boyfriend made me promise to not put them on my blog.
I live in Sacramento, CA and I hope to share a little piece of my beloved hometown as much as I can. There’s so much to do here and the creative community is growing more and more. We are also home to the Sacramento Antique Faire, one of my favorite things about Sacramento.
So what will you find here? I share a lot of DIY inspirations and recipes that I find through my extensive research on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I also share projects I’ve done, recipes I’ve made and my creative business journey. Since I’m expecting again, I share my mama style and updates on the house we bought and are currently working it making it feel like home.
My most favorite things to share, though, are profiles on people I find awesome and inspiring. I am a journalist at heart, and have had a lot of experience writing profiles, which inspired two of my series – Yo Momma Monday and Meet the Maker.
Here are some of my favorites:
And for a little fun, here are some random facts about me!
- Portland is my dreamland and I’m planning for a road trip out there that may or may not ever happen
- I will eat pretty much anything that has peanut butter and chocolate in it. And pumpkin.
- I could eat pizza for every meal of every day, especially if it has pesto on it
- Mayonnaise freaks me out
- When I was pregnant with my daughter in 2012, I craved frozen yogurt like a madwoman and ate it every chance I got. That hasn’t changed.
- Even though I appear to be domesticated now, I did not learn to use a dishwasher or washer and dryer until I moved out at 22. Yes, I was rather spoiled and my mom wanted it done her way, so it all worked out for me!
- I didn’t cook until I made my first grilled cheese in my late 20s. Please see above.
- Teal and mustard yellow is my favorite combo, and you will see this combo a lot throughout my blog
- I love rom-coms, 50s blues, pretty much every band that came out of the 60s and indie hip-hop
- I’ve been painting since I was little and although I don’t think I’m that great at it, it’s something I try to fit in every day
Here are a few bloggers that inspire me daily:
A Beautiful Mess – for more home decor, DIY and recipes
Delightfully Tacky – for design, photography, style and natural living
The Gracious Pantry – for clean eating recipes
Hello Natural (previously Henry Happened) – for DIY beauty, health and crafts
I want to know more about YOU! Drop me a comment to say hello and connect with me on social media!