So, I’m trying a little something new. I’ve always wanted to learn how to create a Photoshop photo collage, and with the help of Pugly Pixel, I was finally able to create one! Woo hoo! Now, this is my first collage so don’t judge too hard. Today’s list of favorites is surprisingly not from Pinterest (hey, there’s a first time for everything). It’s actually from Etsy.
I realized how little I use my Etsy account and what rad stuff they have there. Today, I looked up eco-friendly and voila! All these cool little shops appeared out of nowhere. I always hear complaints about how expensive their clothes are but they’re not really different than any other shop I’ve seen online, and they make you feel all good and warm inside.
So, after perusing for a good couple of hours (in between feedings, burpings, and playing), here are some of my favorite eco-friendly shops on Etsy.
1. KindLabel – All of the clothes are made by graphic designer Stacy Lauren, who works alongside her dog. Sales from the clothes support Humane Society of the US, Fender Music Foundation, and The Adventure Project.
2. Enter The Sun – Owner and designer Janelle Warren started making jewelry in her vegetable oil-powered van. Her studio has moved from the van to her apartment and she has broadened her design horizons by making clothes as well.
3. nicandthenewfie – Nicola and Bren are a couple who make everything, from handprinted clothing, to reclaimed wooden clocks. They sell their clothes on the streets of NYC, but live and work together in Connecticut.
4. Wisher21– Cool family-run handmade clothing company. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to buy that shirt for Cecilia for when she gets a little older.
5. TrashN2Tees – Really cool clothing and accessories, all made from recycled items. The shop owner said that the clothing line has stopped over 20 tons of clothing from ending up in a landfill.
If you know of any eco-friendly companies worth checking out, please mention them in the comments below and happy shopping! Thank you again to Katrina of Pugly Pixel for the cool tutorial! Your site is amazing.